Mason campuses will be fully open for Spring 2022, and we've created strategies to maximize learning opportunities.
Some workers might choose to continue working from home, while others will return to campus part-time or full-time. Staffers are encouraged to come into the office at least two or three days a week. To ensure we meet the needs of our community, we'll need to coordinate our schedules to make sure everything is covered.
Some workers might continue working from home, while others will return to campus part-time or full-time. Employees are encouraged to come into the office at least three or four days a week.
To ensure we meet the needs of our community, we'll need to coordinate our schedules to make sure everything is covered.
Flexible Work Schedule Process
Consult with your supervisor and fill out the appropriate telework forms to document your work arrangement.
- Visit the Flexible Work website to learn more about the types of flexible work offered at Mason.
- Employees and managers should evaluate whether flexible work is a good fit using the Employee Telework Self-Assessment and Manager Telework Assessment.
- Complete a Telework Agreement to formalize your work arrangements, especially if you have relocated to another state while still working for the university. Human Resources and Payroll must account for differing laws, regulations, and tax consequences.
Mason has a Remote Work Agreement and approval process for staff members who have relocated to another state while still working for the university. Human Resources & Payroll must account for differing laws, regulations, and tax consequences.
Accommodation, Adjustment, Modification (AAM) Process
If you're seeking accommodations in the workplace as a result of an ADA qualifying disability or condition, visit the Accommodation, Adjustment, Modification (AAM) website
Support and Resources
Mason offers support and resources to help address some of the challenges that might arise and affect performance of individual job responsibilities and work.
- MasonLEAPS offers training in such areas as Coping with COVID-19 and Beyond, Return to Campus Training, and COVID Safety Training.
- Human Resources & Payroll offers workshops and programs to address issues unique to the hybrid work environment, including employee engagement, managing performance of hybrid teams, and optimizing virtual meetings.
- If you don't have Mason benefits, access to the Employee Assistance Program, or are experiencing hardships, review the HR Support Page for resources.
- Mason employees have a Public Health Emergency Leave (PHEL) to get the vaccine and recover from any side effects, self-isolate due to their positive test results for COVID-19 (if symptomatic), and/or provide care to an immediate family member who is self-isolating due to a positive test result for COVID-19. Read HR & Payroll's PHEL information.