Mason residential and retail dining locations are open. We’ve implemented several safety precautions.
Residential Dine-In Facilities
On the Fairfax Campus, Southside and Ike’s will follow precautionary protocols.
- All guests must have a green Mason COVID Health Check status.
- Tables will be cleaned periodically throughout the day, as needed.
- Multi-touch self-serve food and drink options such as buffets, salad bars, and drink stations will be phased back into service.
- Some stations will offer made-to-order meals prepared by a station attendant.
- One-touch capabilities will be cleaned by dining staff every 30 minutes.
- Hand-sanitizer stations will be available throughout dining halls.
- Microwaves and toasters will be available in the residential dining halls, and disinfectant wipes will be available to wipe down high-touch areas between uses
- To the extent possible, technology will be used to reduce person-to-person interaction including ordering, contactless payment and check-in options.
- Self-service grab-and-go meals will be available in Gold Rush @ South Side Dining Hall.
- Stanchions and floor decals, specifically placed to manage customer queuing, will be removed.
Retail facilities will follow the guidelines set for residential dining where applicable.
- Self-service ordering kiosks are open at some dining locations, and disinfectant wipes will be available to wipe down high-touch areas between uses.
- Contactless payment options will be available for patrons with meal plans, Bonus, Freedom, and/or Mason Money funds.
- Samples of food and drinks can be offered.
- Most retail dining locations will offer delivery and pick-up services utilizing Starship robots and Grubhub Campus.
- Use a university-approved caterer. Sodexo is Mason’s preferred on-campus catering company.
- All Mason employees must have a green Mason COVID Health Check status.
- Dining employees and Mason attendees/employees should follow University Policy1415 COVID Public Health and Safety Precautions – Face coverings.
- Dining will provide hand sanitizer and disposable gloves, if desired.
- Dining employees and attendees must have access to handwashing stations.
- Servers will avoid touching items on tables while customers are seated. Dedicated staff will remove all items from the table when attendees leave.
- Rolled silverware will be used rather than table presets, if preferred.
- Food service employees will monitor and clean high-touch areas while in operation.
- Transport containers will be cleaned and sanitized between uses.
- Food packages will be sealed to safeguard the integrity of contents.