The George Mason University Department of Mathematical Sciences's partnership with Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) offers exceptionally talented high school students the opportunity to earn advanced university-level mathematics credit. All courses are taught by Mason affiliate faculty and are offered on-site in FCPS high schools.
The credit process must be completed during the semester the course is taken in high school. You may not retroactively receive credit after the deadline.
- Current FCPS junior or senior enrolled in the courses below at your high school
- Minimum 3.25 FCPS GPA
- Meet the application deadline, course registration form, and payment submission deadline
- Online application and $70 application processing fee
- Course credit payment
Participating Courses of Instruction - Spring 2023
- Math 203 - Linear Algebra
The following courses are only available to Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology students:
- Math 411 - Complex Analysis
If you are unsure of which course you are completing, consult your math teacher before applying.
The application process for the spring 2023 semester is closed. The application process will open in September for fall 2023.
At the end of the course, the student will be emailed instructions on how to order the official Mason transcript. If you have previously taken the Fairfax Math program, you are able to order a transcript using the following instructions. Only the student may request a transcript.
- Log in to Parchment, Inc., Mason's transcript request service.
- When you create an account, you will need to enter contact information, authentication information, and create a password.
- Under authentication information, enter your Date of Birth, your First and Last Name as they were when you registered for the credits, and the Mason ID (G# that you were given).
It may take a day for your request to be matched with your record, and you may get an error at first. This is normal and will be corrected once the request is matched.
If you have technical issues or questions concerning your online order, please contact Parchment Inc. at 833-781-7236 or click “Support” at the top of the ordering page for additional guidance. You may also contact the George Mason University’s Office of the University Registrar by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 703-993-2441.
Contact Rachel Cleaver, Senior Associate Director, K12 Partnerships at email@example.com.