*Please note that the below FAQs are for individual visitors and their guests as a part of our daily visit experience and not those coming in groups or for other visits not directly associated with the Office of Admissions.
Is prior registration required for a visit?
Yes, registration is required for an on-campus visit. Please view our on-campus visit offerings on our website. Those that do not register may attend a visit if space is available.
How many total visitors attend the on-campus information session?
- When launching from our Mason Tour and Visitor Center, a total of 90 people, which includes both registered visitors and their guests. During peak visit times, we utilize other spaces on campus to accommodate larger groups sometimes as large as 250 people.
How many guests can I bring with me?
- Registered visitors are allowed up to two guests in addition to themselves.
I am on the waitlist for an on-campus information session. How will I hear from Mason Admissions if a seat becomes available in the session?
- You will receive an email if a seat becomes available in the session for which you are waitlisted. All emails come from email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. We recommend adding both as an acceptable contact in your email account to ensure messages are delivered for timely action.
- If no seats become available, your alternate option is a self-guided walking tour of campus. Download a self-guided walking tour map to explore campus at your convenience.
How long should I expect to be on campus?
- The Admissions Information Session, led by an Admissions representative, lasts 30-minutes. Following the session, you may join a campus tour led by a Mason Ambassador, or explore campus at your leisure using your self-guided tour map. We recommend allotting at least 90-minutes for an Ambassador-led tour, or 30-minutes for your self-guided tour of campus.
Are there any actions I need to take before my on-campus visit experience?
- Prior to your visit, you should receive an email with specific logistic information including details about parking and check-in. Please review this email thoroughly and in its entirety.
What time should I arrive?
- Plan to arrive on campus approximately 20-30 minutes prior to your scheduled visit. This will allow enough time to navigate any unexpected delays, find visitor parking, and check-in for your campus visit. You can check-in up to 30 minutes prior to the visit’s scheduled time.
Where should I park?
- There are two visitor parking garages located across campus for which we validate parking. Specific instructions for parking will be provided to you in a confirmation email sent before your visit. The Rappahannock Parking Deck First Floor Visitor Section is the closest visitor parking to the Mason Tour and Visitor Center. Locate the Rappahannock Parking Deck using a map of Mason’s Fairfax Campus prior to your visit. Please note that for larger visit days, we may recommend another location, which would be included in your confirmation email.
Am I required to wear a mask or face covering?
Mason has updated its face covering policy. Masks are optional. To see Mason's full mask policy, click here.
What should I expect at the conclusion of my campus visit?
- You can anticipate receiving a follow-up survey. We are always looking for ways to better serve our guests so we encourage any and all feedback you wish to provide.
Is food available on campus for us to have lunch?
- When our dining halls are open, we provide registered visitors with a voucher to eat on campus for free. In addition, there are retail dining options available on campus, and you can view the hours of operation on this website.
- Outside food is not permitted in the presentation space, but you may bring beverages in an enclosed bottle or cup with a lid.
Should I bring any documents with me?
- Documents are not necessary for your campus visit; however if you have required documents that are needed for your admission application, you are welcome to bring those official documents with you. Document drop-off for Admissions is located at our office on the 2nd floor of the Johnson Center.
What virtual visit experiences is Mason Admissions offering?
- you may sign up for a Virtual Information Session or Ambassador-led Virtual Guided Tour on our visit calendar. Alternatively, you may access our Virtual Tour at any time from a Wi-Fi enabled device on our website.
Why has an on-campus visit opportunity been removed from the visit calendar?
- We remove on-campus visit opportunities from the visit calendar two days before the session or when the session waitlist fills. Please contact our Visit Experience team at email@example.com if you have additional questions about an on-campus visit opportunity.