Outstanding Achievement Awards Ceremony
- October 16, 2013 at 10:00 am
Fairfax Campus, Johnson Center, Dewberry Hall
Nominations are being accepted for the 2013 Outstanding Achievement Awards until close of business, Friday, September 6. The presentation ceremony is scheduled for 10 am on Tuesday, October 16.
Human Resources and Payroll is accepting nominations for the following awards:
- The Outstanding Achievement Award is presented for achievements that result in significant benefit to the university and/or the individual’s school, institute or department.
- The Exceptional Support Award is designed to recognize those employees upon whom departments rely for the smooth running of daily departmental functions and operations.
- The David W. Rossell Quill Award is granted to administrative and professional faculty at Mason for working on projects or initiatives outside the realm of normal work duties that advance the university’s mission.
- The Martha J. Reiner Quality Customer Service Award is presented to individuals who have contributed to the enhancement of quality customer service at George Mason University.
- The Margaret C. Howell Award honors individuals who promote respect, diversity and individual dignity throughout the university and the community.
- The Team Excellence Award is given to those who have demonstrated outstanding group achievement consisting of exceptional customer oriented services, cost and/or time savings, maintaining high safety standards, combining the talents of separate units and encouraging teamwork in the workplace.
- The Supporting Well-Being and Embracing Living Life (SWELL) Award recognizes an outstanding supervisor who closely lives, promotes and supports the merits of a happy, healthy life at Mason, home and in the community. This is a new award.
More details about the awards, including the nomination criteria and forms can be found at http://hr.gmu.edu/awards/# under Annual Award Forms. Completed nominations should be sent to the Reward and Recognition Office, mailstop 3C3, no later than the close of business on Friday, September 6. For more information, contact the Reward and Recognition Office at (703) 993-2739.